Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 11, 2016

10 Lessons That Travel Has Taught Me



Made me more knowledgeable

Ever since I have started travelling and mainly started writing about my experiences, I have also been able to improve my world-wide knowledge. Now I read a lot about destinations, different cultures, traditions, cuisines and other things. Now I find myself more equipped with knowledge, which has eventually made me a wiser person.

Value little things

Travel has opened my eyes to small, ordinary things of life- things that are undervalued, but have great significance. Now I am more conscious towards waiters, chauffeurs, florists, vendors and any random person whom I come across on my vacations. I have a deeper sense of respect for them, because they are the ones who make our travels smooth for us. I often make it a point to interact with people, and that makes my travel experience even more rewarding.

Shed my selfish side
It may sound funny, but travel has helped me shed my selfish side. I have always considered myself a self centered person. But travel has nudged me to look around and see life. Now I am able to view life in all its hues. I am able to relate to all kinds of people. I can think beyond my own challenges and realize the adversities faced by others. I’m able to look at others with compassion – everybody has challenges to deal with.

Mingle with people

I have learnt to mingle with people. Although I am a reserved person – I don’t speak much when I am around unfamiliar people, I have pretty much started interacting with people on my travels. Well, I am not saying that I befriend anybody and everybody, but I do initiate conversations with random fellow travelers. I believe if you don’t interact with your fellow travelers and the locals of your destination, you barely experience a place.

Boosted my confidence


I have always been as confident or as nervous as any other person, but travelling has instilled a new level of confidence in me. I am certainly more confident of myself as a person today than I ever was. When you travel, you have to manage so many things on your own – from booking accommodation to deciding where to eat and lots of other things that you do independently. At the end of the day, there is a sense of achievement that you have explored a destination on your own and that’s a big deal! 

Broadened my perspective
Now I have a much better perspective of life. I have come out of my shell where all I knew was my family, my relationships, my job, my struggles and my life. Travel has opened new doors for me – I can see different aspects of life. I can understand what is important and what can be sidelined. It has helped me think beyond the traditional mindset that there is more to life than the usual.

Helped me prioritize things


Ever since I have started travelling, I know my priorities very well. I know that I want to travel as much as possible. I know what I have to save for, what makes me happy and what I have to seek in life. When I was not travelling, life was a usual rat-race. I didn’t know where I was going. I was clueless about my own ambition in life. Travel has given me a clear direction and purpose.

Given me variety

Travel has introduced me to various things – culture, people, food, architecture,landscape and so much more. I have learnt to appreciate the variety that life offers. We don’t understand it till the time we begin to travel. Now I wonder how some people get bored in their lives, when life has such wonderful things to enjoy. We just need to step out of our homes and discover the immense beauty out there.

To complain less and be grateful

It’s human nature to grumble about things. But when we travel, we are able to negate such things with ease. I have realized that I have developed an attitude of gratitude. I am more excited and thankful about life than I ever was.

Enhanced my creativity

Now I find myself more creative as a person. By creativity, I don’t mean that I have learnt some kind of art. I simply mean that I have become more creative in my day-to-day living. Travel opens our mind so much that we begin to see something interesting in everything – it could be something as simple as preparing a meal or arranging books on the shelf.

Have you traveled much? What do you think you learned about yourself and the world around you?

Shop Travel Accessories at ebay.com and get ebay coupons 20% off for use today for saving

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét